Hemp milk is a plant-based alternative to dairy milk that is becoming increasingly popular due to its nutritional benefits. It is made from the seeds of the hemp plant and is a rich source of essential nutrients, including protein, fiber, and healthy fats – making it an excellent choice for a wholesome lifestyle.
How to make hemp milk
Did you know that homemade hemp milk only takes one minute to make? It comes together quickly and is rich in nutrients and free from fillers. Ditch those store-bought options and make this fresh today. Here’s how:
- Add the hemp seeds and water (plus any sweeteners) to a high-speed blender
- Blend on high for a minute
- Pour into a storage container and refrigerate
It’s seriously that easy!
Do I need to strain hemp milk?
Hemp milk is similar to almond milk, it doesn’t require straining although it would make it smoother. Since hemp pulverizes completely in the blender, it makes the milk thick and creamy. There might be bits of pulp at the bottom of your glass, but it’s not a huge issue. If you prefer a smoother consistency, feel free to strain the milk with a nut milk bag.
How to Make Hemp Milk
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 cups water (less water if you want thicker, creamier milk!)
- 2 whole dates, pitted (substitute: 1 Tbsp maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Add hemp seeds, water, dates, vanilla extract, and sea salt to a high-speed blender.
- Blend for 1 minute or until the milk is nice and creamy.
- Pour the hemp milk into a sealable container.
- Place it into the fridge and store it for up to 5 days.